! DOCTYPE html>
– If your DNA was stretched out it would reach to the moon 6,000 times.
– By weight, Bone is five times stronger than steel.
– Fidgeting can burn about 350 calories a day.
– It is possible for you to survive even after the removal of the spleen, the stomach, one kidney, one lung, 75% of the liver, 80% of the intestines, and almost every organ from the pelvic and groin area.
– Smokers get ten times more wrinkles than non-smokers.
– A human being loses an average of 40 to 100 strands of hair a day.
– A person can live without food for about a month, but only about a week without water.
– The levels of two stress hormones, cortisol and epinephrine which suppress the body’s immune system, will actually drop after a dose of laughter.
– Scientists estimate that laughing 100 times is equivalent to a 10-minute workout on a rowing machine.
– The human brain uses approximately as much energy as a 10 watt light bulb.
– Coughing can cause air to move through your windpipe faster than the speed of sound – over a thousand feet per second!